The Society of Friends of the Fleet Air Arm Museum (SoFFAAM) was formed in 1979. Its object is the education of the public by promotion, support, assistance and improvement of the Museum through the activities of a group of Members. It aims to achieve this object by a lively programme of events, including talks and excursions. SoFFAAM is a Registered Charity, No. 280725.
Benefits of membership include:
- Free entry to the Museum, with reduced rates for up to three guests*
- Price concessions in the Museum Shop, a well stocked retail outlet with a substantial range of aviation-related items, books and magazines*
- Opportunities to take part in Society excursions to places of interest. Recent visits have included trips to the RN Submarine Museum and the RN Historic Flight.
- Occasional privileged access to Cobham Hall, home of the Museum's Reserve Collection
- A free copy of the SoFFAAM quarterly Journal Jabberwock. This lively magazine includes articles of historical interest in the fields of naval aviation and associated military matters. It also gives a brief summary of the monthly talks and reports on excursions. Members are actively encouraged to contribute to the Journal
- Monthly Talks by eminent speakers in the field of aviation. Talks are held in the Museum's AgustaWestland Conference Room. There is a small charge for entry, which includes a light buffet supper and drinks. (Please note: some talks are TICKET ONLY events)
- The opportunity of becoming actively involved with the Museum and its excellent volunteer training programme for explainers and Museum Guides
* Please note that these concessions are provided at the discretion of the Museum Director and could be withdrawn or modified at any time.
For more details of the Society and to download a joining form, visit www.fleetairarmfriends.org.uk
Non members are very welcome at £7.00 per person. Pay at the door or in advance by calling 01935 842 617, start time 7.00pm for 7.30pm. (Please note: numbers are limited). Tickets are also available online.